Pirelli Scorpion Zero All Season
Is the new UHP SUV All Season product developed for premium and prestige OE Car Makers.
This product has been developed to maximize the performances during all the seasons, in every driving condition, also on light snow-covered roads. It will replace the SCORPION ZERO ASIMMETRICO. SCORPION ZERO ALL SEASON has been chosen by the best car makers in order to equip their SUVs.
The new tread design assures maximum performance in every season and driving condition, providing both excellent grip and traction.
- Curved sipes in the internal blocks allow a better traction on snow, leading to increased safety and control on snow.
- High sipe density: over 30m of sipes (93% more than the Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico) provide excellent grip and traction in winter season, resulting in a great performance in the presence of snow.
- Optimized tread design with curved grooves and bridges leads to noticeable noise reduction for improved driving comfort.
- Four longitudinal grooves for an excellent water expulsion and the external one being smaller to provide pattern adaptability for increased safety on dry surfaces. Lower tread depth to increase dry braking performance without compromising wear performance.
The new tread compound, derived from a new mixing process (PTSM), results in excellent wet performance and rolling resistance.
- Tread compound: high silica content combined with the latest generation of polymer that improves polymer/filler interaction provides excellent performance balance (snow/wet/RR). Special additives optimize curing and mechanical properties.
- New body compounds designed for low heat generation place special focus on RR reduction without compromising integrity, regardless of the heavy weight and speed SUVs tyres have to bear.
- New compound mixing process (PTSM) improves ingredients dispersion and reactivity to increase the versatility of the tyre, improving wet performance on a wider temperature range and rolling resistance.
- A new flatter profile has been designed through computer modeling to optimize pressure distribution on footprint to maximize braking and wear performance.
- Rolling Resistance to maximize wear performance and increase fuel efficiency
- Wet and Dry Handling to increase safety
- Snow traction for the highest safety and control on snow
EU Tyre Label and Efficiency Classes
The European Union, under CE 1222/2009, has mandated that all tyres manufactured after the date of July 1 2012 for cars and commercial vehicles include standard EU Tyre Labels classifying them by three performance characteristics:fuel efficiency classified from A to G,wet grip classified from A to G, and noise emission in decibels.
Categories of tyres unaffected by this regulation include: retreaded tyres, professional off-road tyres, racing/sports car tyres, as well as certain types of tyres designed to improve traction such as studded tyres, T-type temporary spare tyres, tyres for cars built before 1990, tyres with a maximum allowed speed of 80km/h, tyres for rims with a diameter less or equal to 254 mm or greater or equal to 635 mm.
This label is intended on one hand to promote economic and ecological efficiency in traffic, as well as increase road safety, and on the other hand to help consumers select appropriate tyres by ensuring a certain degree of product transparency.
Nevertheless, the label has been criticized for only showing a very limited number of characteristics. Professionals argue that tyres have many more features that are important and relevant to road safety, including but not limited to aquaplaning properties, driving stability, service life, product properties on wet and dry roads other than wet grip, properties on snow.
Tyre manufacturers suggest that the test results from various institutions and industry magazines should remain a very important source of information for the end consumer, because they focus on and rate a wide variety of tyre properties and features.